About the Journal
International Journal of Educational Sciences and Development
Frequency: January, April, July, and October.
DOI Prefix: 10.54099/ijesd
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Jumadil Saputra, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
Aims and Scope
The aim of the International Journal of Educational Sciences and Development (IJESD) is to provide an international forum for the sharing, dissemination and discussion of research, experience and perspectives across a wide range of education, teaching, development, instruction, educational projects and innovations, learning methodologies and new technologies in education and learning.
The focus and scope of EduLearn includes the following topics:
- Career development and training in education and learning: entrepreneurship curriculum, internship programmes, lifelong learning, technology transfer, training educational staff, university-industry cooperation, vocational training, workplace training and employability issues, etc.
- Experiences in education and learning: curriculum design and development, educational management, educational trends and best practice contributions, enhancing learning and the undergraduate experience, experiences in game based learning, higher education area: the bologna declaration and ects experiences, learning experiences in higher and further education, learning experiences in preschool education, pre-service and in-service teacher experiences, quality assurance/standards and accreditation, special education, stem in education, transferring skills and disciplines, etc.
- Experiences in education research: academic research projects, research methodologies, links between education and research, new projects and innovations, etc.
- International projects in education: new experiences for the international cooperation, project outcomes and conclusions, university networks, exchange programmes and erasmus experiences, the internationalization of universities, funding programmes and opportunities, etc.
- Pedagogical innovations in education and learning: learning and teaching methodologies, evaluation and assessment of student learning, accreditation for informal learning, new learning/teaching models, neuroscience in education, language learning innovations, collaborative and problem-based learning, personalized learning, tutoring and coaching, flipped learning, etc.
- General issues in education: education and globalization, multicultural education, impact of education on development, planning digital-age school and learning spaces, organizational, legal, policy and financial issues, leadership in 21st century education , barriers to learning (age, psychosocial factors, ethnicity...), ethical issues and plagiarism in education, access to internet: advances and problems, diversity issues, women and minorities, student support in education, funding programmes and opportunities, etc.
- E-content management and development: digital identity management, digital libraries and repositories, e-portfolios, intellectual property rights, knowledge management, learning analytics, open access education, security and data protection, user-generated content, etc.
- Educational software & serious games: animation and 3D systems, computer software on education, educational multimedia and hypermedia, educational software experiences, educational/serious games, gamification, gaming consoles as learning tools, videos for learning (YouTube generation), etc.
- e-Learning: blended learning, distance learning, educating the educators, e-learning for environmental sustainability, e-learning standards (SCORM), e-learning projects and experiences, e-moderating, e-tutoring & mentoring, intelligent tutoring systems (ITS), learning management systems (LMs), managed learning environments (MLEs), massive open online courses (MOOCs), mobile learning, online assessment, online/virtual laboratories, personal learning environments (PLEs), training, evaluation and assessment, virtual learning environments (VLEs), virtual universities, etc.
- Emerging technologies in education: advanced classroom technology, best practices in multimedia-based education, BYOD (bring your own device) and 1:1 learning, flipped classroom, ICT for development, ICT skills and digital literacy, mobile and tablet technologies, new platforms to teach coding skills (arduino, raspberry PI,...), technology-enhanced learning, the impact of web technologies on education, web classroom applications, etc.
International Journal of Educational Sciences and Development (IJESD) is a scientific journal that is dedicated to contemporary issues in education and development, particularly in the developing world. The journal is published by Adpebi. Adepbi is founded to empower the education sector and civil communities organisation throughout the world. The empowerment of the sectors is through institutional grants and partnership building, supported by excellent project management and sophisticated result measurement.